We are happy to inform you that we’ve managed to get some feedback from our banking partners regarding much-needed payment holidays and debt relief for customers. Some banks will be doing formal press releases in the coming days, but they have given us the go-ahead to share the information with you in the meantime.
Each of the following banks has set up dedicated contact centers to manage queries and applications for debt relief and payment holidays, however, call volumes are high and it is putting a lot of strain on their service levels and turnaround times. They ask that customers please be patient – they know these are stressful times – they are trying their utmost to get to every customer as soon as they can.
Should you have concerns around home loan repayments or any other related debt relief, you can redirect them to the following:
- Absa will pre-screen customers and send an SMS offering this capability to their customers who will opt-in or out.
- Customers can make contact with Absa using the following e-mail address: Bondrs@absa.co.za.
- This is effective 1 April 2020.
- All Standard Bank customers can send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Customers can expect a delayed response.
- Nedbank Home Loans clients can make contact via 0860 553 573, however, call volumes are high, so if you struggle to get through you can e-mail HLCollections@Nedbank.co.za for assistance.
- Should you want to enquire about a Moratorium/Payment Holiday you can e-mail Nedbank at MoratoriumRequest@Nedbank.co.za for assistance.
- FNB has just released the following relief measures to the public, effective from 1 April to 30 June 2020, for those customers who’s financial stability has been impacted by the Covid-19 Lockdown:
- Individuals and business customers can contact FNB via their usual digital and assisted banking channels to enquire about these services. During this week, customers will also be able to get more information on their current Covid-19 relief measures through a dedicated icon on the landing page of the FNB banking app.
We hope that this will assist some of you with your cash flow in the coming months, and will give you some peace of mind.