- Easily understood
- All South Africans who store personal information of any kind.
- Property practitioners. (Estate agents, rental agents, bond originators.)
- Financial advisors.
- Service industries.
- Hospitality industries
- Finance companies
- Brokers (Insurance, assurance, business and property.)
Welcome to the MortgageMax Silent Partners POPIA Awareness training.
This online course will assist Financial Advisers, Brokers, Mortgage Originators and Property Practitioners in getting a broad overview and insight into the Protection Of Personal Information Act (POPIA).
There is a quiz at the end to challenge your knowledge. Enjoy the challenge.
The Silent Partners Team.
Why do we need POPIA?
Principles of POPIA
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can we outsource the Information Officer role, and can one Information Officer serve multiple legal entities?
- How does one register an Information Officer?
- Do we need to register our own companies on the Information Regulator web portal?
- Does our mandatory Professional Indemnity cover cover us if there is an unintentional breach?
- Are electronic signatures acceptable, for example on editable home loan application and consent forms?
- How can we go paperless if it remains compulsory for customers to sign application forms and consent forms?
- Will electronic signatures be accepted by Silent Partners and the banks…?
- Will electronic signatures / WhatsApp / SMS / email / voice notes be considered valid in terms of consent?
- When emailing clients, I sometimes blind-copy (BCC) an estate agent/originator.